This past week has been a blast of sweet Summer memories. From our first baby-less getaway last weekend, to Fourth of July festivities, to a week of rest and finally watching Fixer Upper for the first time ever… I have been thinking a lot about what I love lately (maybe because I won this giveaway!?), and this is what I’ve come up with this week.
1. Time alone with my husband. Really. Nothing can beat just some solid alone time with Kip, talking about life and dreams and big ideas without interruption or schedule. Never again will I take this for granted, nor will we go so long neglecting to make that time happen.
2. Sweet baby smells. The combination of the smells of baby shampoo from last nights bath, strawberry face from this afternoon’s snack, and a cup of milk while he cuddles in my lap are almost too much for me, especially upon return home from 24 hours away. I kiss him all over his face and he giggles, and I do it over and over again because I know one day I won’t be able to anymore. I also know it will probably be a matter of minutes before that baby doesn’t smell so sweet anymore. Ha.
3. Gifts of Gospel metaphor in the every day life of mothering. More on those later.
4. Fixer Upper. Duh. We really only watch shows on Netflix, so I’m pretty much forever behind on every show ever made. My Mother-in-law loaned me her iPad with all of Season 1, and I couldn’t stop watching. I feel like I could just be friends with Joanna Gaines and I think their marriage seems really genuine and wonderful. I get that it’s TV, so everything always seems wonderful and perfect, but still.
5. This book by my hero, Elisabeth Elliot, about the life of her hero, Amy Carmichael. I’m reading this for the second time, and I still love it. Amy Carmichael’s story is beautiful, heartbreaking, and inspiring. She reminds me that what I build my life with will be tested by fire, and only the eternal will last. I highly recommend this book to any and everyone.
How was your week? What are your weekend plans? Make something wonderful happen. For me, that means a hastily planned garage sale. 😂